Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Conscience

If it's only up to me and my libido...
we could probably hit it off !

The problem is...
I have this thing called conscience
that keeps holding me back.

What sucks about it is that I can't tie my conscience to a rock and throw it to the bottom of the sea.
Wish I could... but I can't!

What's with this feeling called consciousness?

It tells you to return that wallet that you found on the sidewalk...
It prevents you from saying that your best friend looks really ugly with that shirt...
It tells you to study for the finals, instead of going out with your friends...
It stops you from stealing that really nice bracelet with no alarm attached to it...
It stops you from banging your teacher's head to the wall when he refused to give you some slack for handing in your homework late...
It stops you from going berserk and start shooting people when you're not ready for a pop-quiz...
It stops you from kicking your co-worker on the crotch when he's coming on to you...
It stops you from ripping off that guy's shirt that you just meet...
It stops you from cutting your own wrist with a knife when the going gets tough...

Imagine if we don't have that thing called consciousness?
The world would've gone chaotic...
we all can let lose doing as we please, not having a care in the world on the after effect...
wouldn't that be nice?

In a way, consciousness is very restricting...
and yet, it's the thing that makes us human
a normal, decent human being...

No comments:

Post a Comment