Friday, August 14, 2009

Why I Love The Script

This might be a dramatization but...
I have to thank the British for completely saving my life through music and lyrics!
Beatles, James Morrison, Jamie Cullum, Lily Allen, James Blunt, Damien Rice, even Spice Girls.
Without them I probably would've gone berserk and start to slit my wrist. (This is just an expression, I'm not suicidal)

Thanks to their words of wisdom about break ups and broken hearts...
their genuine straightforwardness towards a situation...
combine with witty lyrics, catchy tunes, and an eyecandy.
BAM! A hit musical concoction.

A new band that helped me find revelation through their songs is The Script.
I can't even begin to describe how soothing it is listening to their songs.
Here are some of the lyrics... read it for yourself... I'm sure you all have been through this kind of situation...

They just made it in the music industry not too long, I think...
but they're already an opening band for John Lennon and U2. Whoa!
Plus, the lead singer is HAAAAWWWWTTTTTTT!

"Breakeven"

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing

Just prayed to a god that I don't believe in

Cause I got time while she got freedom

When a heart breaks,

no it don't break even


Her best days, will be some of my worst

She finally met a man that's gonna put her 1st

While I'm wide awake, she's no trouble sleeping

Cos when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven

They say bad things happen for a reason

But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding

Cause she's moved on while I'm still grieving

Cause when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven


What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you

What am I supposed to say

when I'm all choked up and your ok

I'm falling to pieces



"The End Where I Begin"


Sometimes tears say all there is to say

Sometime your first scars wont ever fade away

Tried to break my heart well it's broke

Tried to hang me high well I'm choked

Wanted rain on me well I'm soaked, soaked to the skin


It's the end where I begin


Sometimes we don't learn from our mistakes

Sometimes we've no choice but to walk away

Tried to break my heart well it's broke

Tried to hang me high well I'm choked

Wanted rain on me well I'm soaked, soaked to the skin


It's the end where I begin


Now I'm alive and my ghosts are gone

I've she'd all the pain, I've been holding on

The cure for a heart is to move along

What don't kill a heart only makes it strong



"The Man Who Can't Be Moved"

Going back to the corner where I first saw you

Gonna camp in my sleeping bag, I'm not gonna move

Got some words on a cardboard, got your picture in my hand

Saying if you see this girl, can you tell her where I am


Some try to hand me money, they don't understand

I'm not broke, I'm just

a brokenhearted man

I know it makes no sense, what else can I do?

How can I move on

when I'm still in love with you?


'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me

And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be

Thinking maybe you'd come back here to the place that we'd meet

And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street

So I'm not moving

No comments:

Post a Comment